I'm a part of Independent Fashion Bloggers. Every week we can participate in Links a la Mode - submit our best article of the week. At the end of the week, the editors choose twenty best stories. There are usually over 100 submissions. Upon being chosen you have to post the whole list of links to the twenty winning articles. That means that if your article gets selected as one of the twenty, not only you get exposure on the Independent Fashion Bloggers site but also on the 19 other blogs that will repost the list.
I was lucky my article Me Day - How to Make a Personal Day off Perfect got selected as one of the twenty this week. Please see the list of other chosen features below.
Things Are Gonna Change... I Can Feel It!Edited by Jessie Thorpe of Denimology
On Monday morning, my life will change. I am having my muffin top and all of my shiny silver stretch marks removed from my fleshy, live-giving form. I'm having plastic surgery, a tummy tuck to be exact, and yes I'm talking right out loud about it. This decision has had my head in a tizzy fashion wise, sending me searching for some fashion guidance to compliment my new figure. I've really been inspired by nostalgic what-comes-around-goes-around fashion trends, feel good fashion and a variety of "Top (insert number here)" lists. 90's trends seem to be popular in the fashion blogosphere; you kids are talking about sheer clothes, color blocking and threads ripped to shreds. I'm really appreciating the inspirational instruction given by all you clever e-journalists. We've been instructed on how and what to wear for the season, how to pamper little ol' you and feel good about it too!
Links à la Mode: April 21st
- Best Of Brooklyn: 12 Ways to look your best on a budget...
- Denimology: Denimology Collaborates With Closed Jeans For Japan!
- Fashables: The End of the Skinny Jean
- Fashion is Evolution: A step-by-step straw hat DIY project, and a showcase of my straw hat collection
- FashionablyNumb: Spice Up Your Life : Looking back to the icons in the 1990's.
- Fashstash: Colour-blocking madness. Don't stop, Colour-block!
- Fumiko Kawa: Fashion Girls for Japan
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: How To Overcome The Challenges of Blogging in a Second Language
- Life's Obsessions: Creativity Block & How to over come it!
- Made To Travel: See how a little blogging made a difference to the huge online retailer ASOS
- North On Harper: Sheer Joy
- Oranges and Apples: Finance, fashion and feminism: the shopaholic stereotype
- Overseeing Fashion: DIY Project: Mineral Rings
- Rachel Michaella: "Car-Crash Fashion" - ripped, frayed, dyed and utterly distressed fashion...is it a statement or just too much?
- Sample Sale Sites: Top 5 Office Appropriate Spring Accessory Trends
- Searching for Style: We all knew Rodarte was expensive, but did you know that 4 items from Rodarte costs the same as 19 items from Lanvin, 28 items from Miu Miu, or 250 items from Topshop?
- The SpendThrift Experiment: An extra large rant about vanity sizing
- Splendiferous Inclinations: A tutorial for Fiesta inspired nails!
- Style Delights: Nine Rules of Style - How to look good, feel good and make the world a better place!
- Style Delights: What do you need to make your wardrobe timeless and always In Vogue! Read this
- ThisIsAYes: Me Day - How to Make a Personal Day Off Perfect
New at Shopbop: McQ, Dsquared2, Three Dots, Monrow, DVF, 7's, RLX, DKNY, Havaianas, Missoni, MAXAZRIA, IRO, & VPL